Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Recipe: Modified Chicken Bruschetta

Madre recently made a mass purchase of chicken breasts and passed them along to me.
She must have gotten a REAL good sale because she does not even like chicken breasts!
Eager to clear some room out of my freezer, I decided to experiment.
I remembered Brother made us a chicken bruschetta recipe that we all really enjoyed.
I decided to make a hot version of his summer recipe and was pleasantly surprised with the results!
Next time I will make sure company is over so I can show off the yummy masterpiece!


(3) Lbs Chicken Breast (Cleaned)
(1/2) Cup Flour
(1) Egg
(1) Large Onion (Diced)
(1/2) Cup Olive Oil
(1) 16oz Can Chicken Broth
(1/3) Cup White Wine
(1) 24oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
(5) Fresh Basil Leaves
(1) Tbsp Garlic Powder
(1) Tsp Onion Powder
(1) Tbsp Oregano
Salt & Pepper
(4) Tbsp Butter

Dip each breast into the scramble egg and fully coat each one with flour.  Heat up half the olive oil in a non-stick pan.  Brown the chicken.  Let drain on paper towels and sit on the side.
Be careful not to put the flame too high because you don't want the flour to burn!

In a large pan, heat up the remaining olive oil.  Add the onions and cook until they are translucent.  Add the fresh basil and all the other seasonings.  Stir and let cook for an additional minute.  Add the broth and the wine.  Drain the tomatoes and add to the pan.  Bring to a boil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Right now blow out all your candles because the aroma that comes off this sauce is unreal!

Line a large baking dish with tin foil.  Melt the butter.  Coat the bottom of the lined pan with the melted butter.  Line the chicken across the bottom of the pan.  With a slotted spoon, scoop out the tomatoes and onions.  Place directly on top of the chicken.  Pour the liquid sauce over the chicken so that it pools around the meat.  Cover with tin foil.  Bake for 30-40 mins at 375*.
I make a border around the pan with cooked broccoli.  That makes for a healthy and yummy side!

Have you or will you make Bruschetta Chicken?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar