Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Historicon Day 2


Day 2 saw a big increase in the number of attendees and games.




And as you can see from the first photos here, the quality of the tables were just fantastic!






Very clever way of being able to have the gunfight inside the cars of the train.















Too Fat Lardies 'What A Tanker' played with what looked like 1/35 scale tanks!





This was one of the three main gaming rooms - this was the one I felt really had low lighting issues, though the photo doesn't seem to show that.


This was the third main gaming room, on the third floor ironically. The lighting in this room was really good.















This was just an amazing Normandy table featuring Pegasus Bridge, all in glorious 28mm 😀 It's too bad the table was right next to the window causing shadows for the photos.





Helms Deep. No words...








Some really impressive LOTR tables too.


7TV pulpy goodness.







Who doesn't love Star Wars? At first I thought that the GM had gotten hold of the new SW Legion Taun Tuan models, but they were from the old Wiz Kids miniatures game I believe.




I finally got to participate in one of the Hobby University classes - something that I've wanted to do for years now. The class I got in to was 'Painting the 2 Foot Figure' - basically how to get a tabletop quality figure done quickly. I was just looking for some possible tricks as I'm just not enjoying painting much anymore. Anyway, not a whole lot of stuff I didn't already know or do, but the instructor did pass on a really neat trick for painting eyes (which I never ever do!) and I couldn't believe the results! This was probably the best I'd ever done on a face as well, something that I usually just throw washes over the base color. I'll pass along the trick in a future post so I can accompany some photos.

Another full day, with much more happening throughout the convention. Saturday should be even bigger. I have my Gunfighter's Ball game scheduled at 10am, and I'm very much looking forward to that 😀

As always, thanks for looking!
Ivor

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar