Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frugal Happenings 12/9

This month is flying by and I still have much to do.  I haven't baked the first thing yet!  I definitely need to work on that this week.
I have received all orders that I placed for gifts - so all the big stuff is done.  I still have some small things to take care of.

It has been cold in these parts.  Today we are actually seeing sun - for the first time in a week!

It truly has been quiet around here.  I just can not get in the Christmas spirit this year.  I really need to kick myself in the bum and get busy. 

My frugal week:
  • I did go and 'purchase' 92 cans of cat food and 2 bags of dry food and 4 containers (laundry baskets) for some gift baskets all FOR FREE!  Used part of the GC we received from the bank.
  • Picked up a script for G and it  was for 3 months and FREE
  • Got cards addressed - just haven't mailed yet.  (sigh)
  • Received FREE address labels and a notepad from a charity.  I wish they would quit doing that and save the money for the charity. 
  • I went to the funeral of a former neighbor this week.  We have known their family the whole time we have lived here (over 30 years).  Like family in some ways.
  • After the funeral I went a couple blocks up the road to Kroger to get weekend specials.  I purchased 10 jars of peanut butter for .99/jar, 40 lbs. of sugar for .99/4 lb., and 25 lbs. of Gold Medal flour for 1.49/5 lb.  The cashier let me do 2 different orders!!!!  I am now good for the following year on sugar and peanut butter and probably flour. (I still have lots of sugar purchased on sales from earlier)
  • G's TV/cable seemed to mess up this week.  We did trouble shooting online and everything seemed to lean towards having a service call.  No one came up with an at home fix.  WELL....  I went to work and did some things myself and WOOHOO I fixed it!!!
                                                                             Too cute!

Meals this past week:
Leftover turkey and noodles and stuffing
Open face tuna melts and salad
Red beans/rice with ground sausage & jalapeno poppers
Beef fillets (grilled), waffle fries and salad
Ground beef/mushroom/onion/Swiss mix over bread and salad
Hamburger stew 2X

I have to get started baking this week, as I have our first family gathering next Sunday.  I need to get all the gifts sorted and baskets finished.  I also need to run up the street to the post office for stamps and mailings.
Non Christmas stuff - I need to go to feed store and I need to visit with insurance agent about my health insurance for next year.  I think I may keep busy!

Are you all ready?  What did you do this week to stay frugal?  Any good deals?

I send prayers for all to stay healthy and safe.  I also pray that those who feel depressed this time of the year - may you be able to focus on other things and get through the season.  I know everyone does not feel warm and cozy this time of the year.  Comfort be with you.

Blessings from our humble home to yours.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar