Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

How our Playlists are Built. Or What I'm Listening To and Why

Music is EVERYWHERE! Inside our cars, in stores, when we're on hold, in movies, on television... it's coming out of my computer right now! The other day, I was remembering how I came across my all-time favorite band, Switchfoot.


It's the most random of stories, but I'm thankful for it, as it's literally changed my life... and my shoes.


I was still in high school, watching a cheesy Disney movie called Model Behavior about a girl who ran into someone that looked just like her and they switched places. It had Justin Timberlake in it, so of course I watched it. Being the music nut that I am, this song came on in the movie and I fell for it. Forget Justin, forget everything but this song. I hopped online and researched the soundtrack (this was before iTunes) and found out the band's name was Switchfoot, the song: Let That Be Enough. Then I stumbled across their CD in a bookstore and I remembered that was the same band. I bought it and quickly became OBSESSED. I shared it with my parents, and they became equally obsessed. Together we've watched this band put out five MORE albums (seven altogether.. I think), loving each one even more. Their concerts are family bonding time, I tell you.

So, that's my big story about how I became an accidental Switchfoot fan. Here are some flash stories about why I'm listening to some other great artists you may love too!


Mindy Gledhill - Anchor
The song Anchor was on an episode of Bones and I fell in love with it. After previewing the album snippets on iTunes I knew I had to have the whole thing. It's such a great addition to my playlist!


Stacy Clark - Connect the Dots
I SHAZAM'd her song Touch & Go in a store at the outlet mall. The whole album is golden. Thank God for phone apps! :)


Erin McCarley - Love, Save the Empty
iTunes suggested this because I bought Stacy Clark's Connect the Dots. They were so right! I LOVE it!


The Civil Wars - Barton Hollow
I don't make a habit out of watching the country music video channel, but out at the lake, it's pretty much the only channel that works. When I was there almost a year ago, this amazing song called Barton Hollow came up, and I googled the band on my phone. Turns out, this duo is one half Joy Williams, and I was a fan of hers from WAY back. I'm an even bigger fan now. These two are amazing. Check out their Christmas songs too. WOW.


Jem - Finally Woken
When I worked in a cubicle a couple years ago, I often traded iPods with the guy that faced me (we used our OWN earbuds, don't worry!), and this album was on his. I still love it... even though it makes me picture sitting in a cubicle sometimes. hahaha. 

SINGLES:

Riverside by Agnes Obel
This song was on an episode of Revenge. It's gorgeous.

Trouble is a Friend by Lenka
From the movie Easy A. Such a fun song.

Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Glee
Did anyone else fall in love with Finn's rendition of this song? It's the way Greg Laswell sings it, as heard in the movie Confessions of a Shopaholic. I don't know what it is... but I LOVE this version.


Last but not least, the song getting the most love on my playlist right now is:
It's such a sweet song, and it makes me think of the relationship between Katniss and Prim.

So that's it for this edition. I hope I've introduced you to some new music!
Have you randomly run across your favorite songs too? How? And what are they?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar