On a day, or shall I say a week when the United States has gone mad, and for good reason, I put together a big boy bed. I watched the news about protesting and the riots that ensued and I put together a bed. I thought about how very entitled I am, how very dangerous it is for others, and I put together a bed. I watched the rage, the endless, endless rage that permeates the whole country and I put together a bed. I listened to tweets that perpetuate violence from the pathetic leader of our country and I screwed in screws, read directions and built something that a little boy will love. I am safe, my family is too simply based on the color of our skin and where we live. Still that means I should care more, I should understand more, I should do more, have more conversations and certainly more empathy and compassion. I teach my children that we all matter, our skin color does not, our sex does not, who we love does not and how much money we have does not matter. But that comes from a very white woman who has never had to deal with the discrimination that is woven through the fabric of our country. We should be better, we should do better and that starts at the very top. How I long for a true leader, or should I say leaders, that do not incite violence and threats but who lead by example, compassion and a true love of the people of this country. It seems years ago that we had that. Vote my friends. Stay safe and VOTE!







0 Yorumlar