Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Paying It Forward

Hello there dear friends & readers,

I have always firmly believed in the principle of Pay It Forward ... so when Wendy posted about it on her blog late last year, I put my hand up to join in . . .



I received an email to say she had finished my Pay It Forward gift & would like to hand-deliver it 
(as Wendy only lives half an hour away from me)
Although we don't get to catch up very often, I always enjoy Wendy's company as we are like-minded crafts folk ... I was very excited to see this parcel sitting on my dining table



Wendy had hand-made me the most gorgeous bag using thrifted & gifted vintage fabrics PLUS she had added in a wonderful little collection of doilies, buttons, trims & a new magazine that I hadn't come across before but it made my heart skip several beats !!!!



The bag is just stunning ... Wendy does the most beautiful stitchery & hand-work. 
It has already been on "an outing" with me to town & received lots of lovely comments   :-)



I think perhaps my photos don't do it justice ... you can see more of the inside of the bag on Wendys post here
I love that she put so much thought into what I would enjoy & added in the little vintage touches with the doilies etc ... as a girl can never have too many doilies I feel !!!!

ThaNk YoU So VeRy MuCh Wendy with all my heart


 

So now it is my turn to Pay It Forward to 3 different people . . . 
If you would like to receive a hand-made gift from me please let me know.  The rules are you must then Pay It Forward to 3 other people & you must also have an active blog to participate.
(Also, you have a year in which to make the gifts which makes it quite manageable)

The rain this past week has enabled me to spend some time creating rather than outside raking leaves.
These little knitted squares were fashioned from an idea rattling around in my head while down at Mums & fossicking around in her "odds & ends of wool basket"



I must confess it's all very well knitting little squares but then "what are you going to do with them Julie. . . ??"



As I didn't fancy using them as "mouse blankets" as my young visitor suggested, I decided to make them into little buntings which look just perfect hung from a small shelf



This was one of the Hospice Shop doilies that I found on my recent visit to Mums
I had been given some lovely glass beads awhile ago so I decided to make it into a jug cover



I thought it turned out rather pretty   :-)

My friend Carolyn that I visited in my last post, flew up to the Waikato to join her daughter & grandaughter over from the Australian Outback.
I had been looking at all my woollen blankets & wanting to try something different with them.  I had been tossing around the idea of making some girls pinafores & knew I had a pattern ... (somewhere).


Front View                                                                      Back View



This was the result of a couple of rainy days sewing - I used some of my vintage cotton fabrics to line them & doilies to embellish or to add a pocket to some of them


Nice & roomy across the back for crawling around the floor in . . . 

When Carolyn & Rose came to visit with dear little Isabella, she was only too happy to "model" them for me & help with my sizing queries ...




Ooohhh look at that pretty lacey flower on my dress Mum

I offered for Rose to choose one for darling Isabella (who is turning 1 soon) & she chose this one below . . . 


Ooohhh I like purple Mum - now if I can just reach that crafty thing over there . . . .

I am quite inspired now to make some more for the Cottage - I used to make children's clothing many years ago & had forgotten how pleasurable it could be. 


from Pinterest

A Very Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums out there - my youngest son Kayne was born on Mothers Day so this year his birthday again falls on the same day.
Tonight I am cooking dinner for all of my family - thank you So much for visiting with me today
Much love & blessings to you all,
Julie x0x0

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar