My plans to do some housework fell by the way yesterday but I am pleased with the reason for the change and with what I achieved.
I had a bit of a Eureka moment after breakfast. I'd put the breakfast dishes to be washed up, started the first load of washing and as I turned round to face the rest of the room it suddenly hit me - the rooms needs a good clear out! There's still some things in the room which are left over from the last big decluttering and sort out, all things I want to keep but which don't belong in this particular room. So that realisation was the starting point, and as I started moving items to the correct rooms I realised that I most likely gave up last time before I finished the job - there's nothing else to be disposed of but most rooms contain items that belong in other rooms. The house always looks tidy but it's just not quite how I want it.
Hindsight being a wonderful thing, I do wonder whether this has subconsciously played on my mind and is maybe a factor leading to the depression. Anyway, I started reorganising and ended up at the 'looking worse before but gets better' stage when I'd had enough for one day. Today I'll carry on, starting in the living room where there really isn't much to do, and then move on to the dining room. As well as putting all items away I plan to clean through each rooms before moving on to the next, and I'm starting with the downstairs as there is less to sort in these rooms. I feel quite positive about doing this so that in itself makes it worth the effort.

0 Yorumlar