Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A QUICK SHOWER & A HAIRDO


I'm happy to announce that I found my dress for the wedding.  Yes, now you won't have to hear me lamenting on and on in future posts about not being able to find a "mother of the bride" dress. I went with Emily for her final fitting at the bridal shop last week and while perusing the gowns, I fell in love with three.  I really loved them all equally but the first two were not available for some reason.  So I picked out a silky plum sort of wrap around full length dress with 3/4 inch sleeves and some rusching (sp?) here and there.  Unfortunately, the dresses there were all in sizes 10 and 12, so I couldn't try it on.  Don't get me going about all these dresses on display being in a size fit for a Barbie doll.  I couldn't fit one leg in if I tried.  So I was measured and the dress should be in in about a week.  Oh yeah, it has a little silver brooch type piece at the side of the waist so I'm going to be on the hunt for some silver sparkly shoes and a clutch.  Can you say relieved?

Seems like we are all on board for Emily' shower next Saturday; cupcakes and flowers ordered and just one simple little project to do some time this week.  The poor girl is just spread so thin...between working a full time job, getting ready to close on their new house, the shower and the bachelorette party (a big vineyard tour/wine tasting event in Michigan),  I just don't know how she keeps her head on straight.

Well, that's all I have for today.  Did you have your corned beef and cabbage yesterday?  Ours turned out great.  Corned beef and turkey should be something we have more often during the year...just pop it in the oven and take a 4 hour nap.  Oops, did I just give away what I did yesterday?!

Have a great week, Everybody!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar