Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Transition week

October packed it through the very end. Our remarkably clear and sunny weather continued, with a stiff, biting wind at first and then some frost when the wind died down. In anticipation of that frost/freezing, I headed out to our neglected garden to pick the last few tomatoes to ripen indoors and a passel of peppers. The beets, kale, and some volunteer parsley was left to harvest as needed; that will all keep better out there than in my small fridge.
Chioggia beets – and weeds
Redbor kale – and weeds
This daylily (Stella D'Oro) deserves a medal!
Icy grass in the pasture
The neighbors to our north started construction on their shop, which doesn't really factor into our view from the house. Lots of busy-ness over there, though!
I took this while riding in the arena
I took this one on our road from the NW corner of our property
Inside, I've been busy on that hat. I realized I hadn't followed the pattern and my cables were twisting too tightly,


so I ripped back to right after the first cross and then knit on with confidence...
finishing it today with less than two yards of yarn remaining. That's more "yarn chicken" than I'm used to playing, but it worked out just fine, probably because I put in a lifeline just in case. 😉

I loved on my Cheshire cat,

and rode my horse through coordinating leaf litter.


I took this series of photos of October's last sunrise:




and welcomed November/Wovember with sheep snuggles.


Wethers Bing and Bittersweet get more attention when Blake is off wooing Babydolls (it's a tough job, but someone's gotta do it!). I received this photo of him today with his current interest, Coquette, and a voyeur chicken:

The dogs are pottering along. A high point with Jackson was when he actually initiated a little playtime one evening.
While Jackson's appetite is good right now, we have to work at getting Dozer to eat.

And so it goes.

Happy November from . . .

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar