Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jacob's Ladder

Jacob's Ladder in Edinburgh is a precipitously steep set of 131 steps - I counted them as I ascended yesterday - linking Calton Road and Regent Road. The view from the top here serves as a fine metaphor for looking back at something just achieved, as I have just sort of achieved, after a few weeks of effort, and also for considering how easy it would be to go back down again. I will attempt to sustain the ascent gained.


I walked many miles through Edinburgh yesterday, beginning in the sunshine at Newhaven...



enjoying a magnificent lunch of haggis, neeps and tatties presented all mixed up in a huge mug in Teuchters Landing in Leith...




taking a look at a fine view of the gloaming skyline through a misted coffee shop window...


before ascending Jacob's Ladder in the darkness when it was time to restart life, again.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar